- Identify key factors to consider when making video accessible.
- Determine the importance both legally and pedagogically for providing captions.
- Work through the process for creating transcripts and captions, including chunking, formatting and setting timings.
- Work through the process of creating a final product.
Videos offer a great way to engage students with demonstrations, stories, and content. By making those videos accessible you will engage the largest audience possible and in a more effective way.
Plan Your Video with Accessibility in Mind
When planning for your video, the following will make your video more effective, more engaging and more accessible for all students.
- Check for good audio quality
- Observe best practices for length of video
- Narrate what you're doing
- Use scripts that can be used later for captioning
- Caption your video