This is a tutorial about how to prepare a Word document, and import it into iBooks Author.
You can find the sample text, Flatland by Edwin A. Abbott on Project Gutenberg.
- Save chapters as separate Word documents.
- Insert section breaks in between sections.
- Save each chapter after inserting section breaks.
- Quit Word.
- In iBooks Author, create a new chapter, and make sure it does not have any sections pre-populated.
- Click Insert, and select "Chapter from Pages or Word document..."
- You will be prompted to pick a layout for imported content, select Section.
- Decide if you want to preserve document formatting on import, and click choose.
- Review the resulting sections and make sure everything came through as expected.
- Save your iBooks Author file.
If you are still working on your draft, you may want to incorporate section breaks into your workflow.
Import one chapter from your draft into iBooks Author.