Book Launch Information Session
Thu Oct 23, 20141:30PM-2:30PM145 (Digital Union), Stillman Hall
Please join Digital Publishing staff from the Office of Distance Education and eLearning for this informal session to learn more about the Spring '15 Book Launch cohort, starting January 1. The current Book Launch call for proposals opens Thursday, October 16, and closes Friday, November 7.
The Book Launch program provides an opportunity to write and produce digital texts to be used in teaching and learning at Ohio State and beyond. Accepted proposals will become part of a cohort — a group ...Read more
Carmen: Strategies for Grading Online - Turnitin (Hands-On)
Fri Oct 24, 20141:00PM-3:00PM119, Campbell Hall
This hands-on session will review several different strategies for assessing writing assignments and providing feedback to students within Carmen. We'll cover 3 main topics:
- creating and using a Carmen Rubric
- understanding the Dropbox feedback options
- using Turnitin (OrgininalityCheck and GradeMark) with the Dropbox
We recommend you have an understanding of how to navigate Carmen and set basic tool properties before attending this workshop. If you need to learn basic Carmen skills, please ...Read more
Usability for all (U4A): DIY Captioning Techniques: Everything You Need to Know to Do It Right (Hands-On)
Mon Oct 27, 20149:30AM-11:00AM29, Derby Hall
Plain and simple: this workshop will walk you through the creation of accessible, captioned and audio-described video. Along the way, we will discuss:
- what video file types are best to work with and deliver and how you can get the file types you need
- what are the advantages and disadvantages of the various delivery methods
- what makes a good transcript and how to transform that into a file that can be synchronized with your video
- how to go about synchronizing your video with your transcript
Carmen: Activities (Hands-On)
Tue Oct 28, 20143:00PM-5:00PM186, Hagerty Hall
Learn techniques and strategies for using Carmen tools to meet your instructional goals. For this hands-on session, the instructor will cover:
If time allows, the instructor will use user submitted questions to create an additional workshop agenda during the session. If you would like something specific covered, send your Carmen questions and problems at least a week before the scheduled start time of the workshop to email@example.com with "Activities Workshop" ...Read more
iTunes U: An Introduction
Thu Oct 30, 201412:30PM-2:00PM119, Campbell Hall
Before attending this workshop, please view Ohio State’s iTunes U info page at: http://odee.osu.edu/itunesu
This event will be streamed live at the CarmenConnect link: http://carmenconnect.osu.edu/odeeworkshop/
- Overview of iTunes U and Ohio State’s role using this educational technology.
- To view the learner experience through different devices (e.g., iPad, PC, Mac).
- To explore iTunes U Course Manager, specifically how to create one’s own course.
- To critically